Announcement: AGM to be held at 6:30pm on Mon 17th August at The Lighthouse
Want to get more involved in the game of softball? Have you thought about scoring for your child’s or Partner’s team?
- You need to be familiar with umpiring signals (strikes, balls and outs).
- You will need to hold a Blue card: For all scorers over the age of 18 must obtain and maintain a current “Working with Children Check”. This can be obtained through the Bargara Softball Club free of charge.
- There is a short one-day course you can attend to obtain your level one scorer.
For those who enjoy their scoring you can go further and score to a level 4. Level 4 umpires are able to score at state and national levels. If you are interested in becoming a scorer for Bargara Softball Club, we run a short course at the start of most seasons. Express your interest.
Want to get more involved in the game of softball? If the answer is yes…. maybe umpiring would be a good fit for you? Umpiring has many Levels: from 0 to 6. Level 0 is a red shirt program run through the local association under the Head Umpire. There is a short one day course to get you started and an online quiz to help with your understanding of the many rules to the game. You will also need to hold a Blue Card.
Blue Card System: all scorers over the age of 18 must obtain and maintain a current “Working with Children Check” this can be obtained through Bargara Softball Club.
If you are interested in becoming an Umpire for Bargara Softball Club, we run a short course at the start of most seasosn. Express your interest…. Register Now!
For coaches wanting to extend their softball knowledge to include basic skills and how to play the game, there is also the formal coaching pathway of coach education and accreditation. Whether you are a coach, teacher, parent or a volunteer providing an opportunity for young people to play softball, Softball Australia’s coaching program will assist you to provide the best environment and progression to ensure lifelong participation in the sport.
Once you decide to become a softball coach you need to:
1. Familiarise yourself with the Softball Australia Member Protection Policy with particular reference to the Coaches Code of Conduct to ensure you have a clear understanding of your roles and responsibilities
2. Share an understanding of the basic softball rules, and terminology to enable you to confidently take to the diamond
3. Have the ability to teach basic skills including throwing catching, fielding a ball, hitting and moving between bases
4. Must hold a Blue Card. The Blue Card System: all Coaches over the age of 18 must obtain and maintain a current “Working with Children Check” this can be obtained through the Bargara Softball Club.
If you are interested in becoming a Coach for Bargara Softball Club, we run a short course at the start of most seasons. Express your interest.
Coaching Skills Clinic
Holiday Clinics are a fantastic way for kids to learn the game of Softball in a fun and safe environment. Holiday clinics are a great way to introduce your child to the game of Softball in a fun, relaxed environment where they can learn new skills and make friends. Find out when the next holiday clinic is…we usually run them in the September school holidays only.
To find out where and when the next holiday clinic is please contact:
Karen O’Neall on 0438 592 808
Want to Join The Club?
At Bargara Softball we are always looking to welcome new members to the Club. Never played softball before? No problem. Want to give Softball a try? Talk to us, we'd love to help. If you want a supporting environment filled with great people who have fun playing the game of Softball, Bargara Softball Club is the right club for you. Contact us today!